Make a Gift
Celebrating 110 years of community care in 2015, St. John's Episcopal Hospital provides people of all faiths with comprehensive preventive, diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitative services, regardless of ability to pay. St. John's serves a critical need as it is the only hospital providing emergency and ambulatory care to the 123,000 residents of the Rockaways and surrounding towns in southern Queens and southwestern Nassau County. We are also a teaching hospital, training more than 180 residents each year in nine specialty programs.
St. John's has been recognized for many of its services and for its commitment to continuous quality improvement. In addition, an essential part of our mission includes outreach to improve the health status of our community. Outreach services include health screenings, information on health insurance, social work and nutrition counseling and the Speaker's Bureau. We also partner with many organizations on the Rockaway peninsula to support a wide range of community health initiatives for people of all ages.
Building for the Future
St. John's Episcopal Hospital has served as a vital healthcare resource for the community since 1905. To ensure the continuity of our services in the years to come, we are seeking support to help renovate aging infrastructure, purchase the newest equipment and expand the lifesaving services we provide for the community. Highlights of the renovation plan include:
- A new Emergency Department (ED) that will open in 2016 to address the critical need for a more spacious facility. The current ED, which was built in the 1950s and redesigned in 1980 to handle 15,000 patient visits per year, now sees nearly 45,000 patients per year.
- An enhanced Labor & Delivery Unit
- Upgraded ambulatory surgery and critical care units including state-of-the-art equipment
- Construction of a new teaching facility to house our residency programs
- Extensive upgrades to the hospital's infrastructure and grounds
How To Donate
To make a tax-deductible contribution to support these needs, please send your check payable to St. John's Episcopal Hospital to: Development Office, St. John's Episcopal Hospital, 327 Beach 19th St., Far Rockaway, New York, 11691.
Please call us at (718) 869-8383 with any questions or to make a gift via credit card, to arrange a gift of securities, or to discuss planned giving to the hospital.